-Chicken with olives-
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 pieces Chicken (I Used Thighs And Legs) With Skin
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Green Bell Peppers, Seeded And Chopped Into Large Pieces
- 1 whole (28 Oz. Size) Whole Tomatoes, Completely Drained And Juice Squeezed Out, Chopped
- 1 cup White Wine (or Low Sodium Chicken Broth)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Black Olives
- 12 ounces, weight Linguine, Cooked Al Dente And Drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a clean plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and green bell pepper to the pan. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in wine and stir. Add chicken pieces back to pan, cover with lid, and place into the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and remove lid. Add whole green olives and heavy cream (drizzle evenly over the top.) Put on lid and shake the pan to “stir” in the cream. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from oven and keep lid on until ready to serve.
Place pasta into a large serving bowl or onto a large serving platter. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the pasta, then pour all of the sauce over the top. Can sprinkle with minced fresh parsley and Parmesan, if desired.
Enjoy your meal!
– Agrisol Members-